13 Ways to Know if You’re a Serious Writer
1) When you take a pad and pencil to bed with you, just in case you have a “brilliant idea” just before you fall asleep.
2) When you’ve considered if your laptop or alphasmart is waterproof enough to take into the bathroom with you during a relaxing bath.
3) When you realize your characters really are trying to tell you something.
4) When your characters simply refuse to do as you want them to and you end up changing an entire scene to their desires.
5) When you have a store of knowledge concerning random information, such as, the breed habit of exotic animals, or 101 untraceable poisons.
6) When you start asking your friends how best to kill and maim people.
7) When you can answer random questions about certain areas of expertize, such as physics, history, or mythology, and never took a class on the subject beyond high school.
8 ) When you know what the following acronyms stand for: POV, MC, FMC, MMC, WC, WIP and MSS.
9) When you measure books by word counts rather than pages.
10) When staring for hours at a blank screen is hard work.
11) When you debate whether to go out for a night on the town or write.
12) When you’d rather stay at home to write than go out.
13) When you start looking at things and wondering how you could describe such a scene in your current story.
Happy T13 everyone!