1) Inventing a new world for my characters is one of my greatest thrills. World building from the ground up by considering cause and effect can have me playing around with ideas for hours.
2) The exploration of human nature. Creating a character and then predicting how he or she might react under stress hits my, Muhahaha, button. I do so enjoy messing with my characters.
3) The very idea that my words can create images, emotions and bring to life entire worlds, makes me grin.
4) If I’m angry at someone, I can safely kill them off in my work and go on with my day with a satisfied smile on my face.
5) To prove to myself I am actually capable of doing something so complicated and difficult without giving up.
6) To prove to others I can do it.
7) Breathing life into characters and giving them a soul. Making them come alive on the page gives me great pleasure.
8 ) Playing devil’s advocate. I enjoy twisting things around and exploring both sides of a given subject.
9) To make myself cry. I enjoy being so emotionally invested in my characters that I actually cry when I kill them off. I figure if I’m that invested, maybe I can get that on paper and invoke emotions in others too.
10) Because I enjoy making my character suffer. Yeah, I’m mean, but I like it. LOL.
11) I haven’t yet read a book like mine and I think others would enjoy the stories I have to tell.
12) Research! I love research. I love learning new things and finding ways to apply it to my stories.
13) Last but not least…. Writing gets me excited about things. The thrill when something starts going just right, and all the pieces start falling into place in my wip. I get that bouncy feeling and can’t stop grinning.
These are the reasons I enjoy writing. Can you guys think of anymore?