My schedule is packed… probably until well past the next doomsday prediction. Wait, scratch that, I heard they were rescheduling for 2012 and damn, I’m not sure I’d make it before that one either.
Wanna see my schedule? This is what I have lined up. In no particular order because, well, I’m not especially orderly.
- Short story- Due by mid-June for Goodreads M/M Romance Group Summer thing.
- Paranormal Post-Apocalypse (I started this before the whole Camping thing got out of hand) titled, In the Heart of Darkness. Which I HAVE to get out the door soon.
- Post-Apocalypse (totally different world) filled with guns violence and no paranormal stuff.
- Story Two, the second story in the Death books, which I didn’t plan to do, but people are prodding me into it. And Reaper is just too hard to put away.
- Shifters Story, that has been on the back burner for much too long.
- A cool ass Mars Plot Bunny that keeps biting at my ankles.
- A slave story I’ve been playing with in my not-so-spare time.
- Oh, and I can’t forget, a friend is putting together an anthology for x-mas and I promised her a story. This is due by November.
… uh, yeah. Piled my plate a bit high, methinks. That doesn’t include the books I need to read, research I need to do, crits I give, and other stuff that I really need to do, like family stuff.
I’ll be happy just to finish In the Heart of Darkness, the two short stories I’ve committed myself to and at least be most of the way done with Story Two. We’ll see how it goes. Bunnies are vicious beasts. They latch on when you least expect them. I won’t even begin to tell you about the stories waaay back on the burners that I should dig out at some point.
So if you ever wanted to know what a writer has going on at any given point in time, it probably looks something like the above. Oh, I forgot to mention, blogs, promo, edits, blurbs and submissions.
Yeah. Little wonder we only half joke about becoming Hemingway.
Why do I do this again? Oh yeah, I’m a masochist, and love writing. I do have to remind myself of this from time to time. Writing is work, but I do love it.
The pay sucks, the hours are long, but damn, I do love it when a story comes together. That and I’d probably be committed for admitting that there are people in my head if I didn’t write about them.
Why do I do this to myself again?
Because DAMN, I get paid to write my imagination, and it is FUN. I get to torture people, let them fall in love, break them apart, pull out all their dark little secrets, crush them into little pieces and put them back together again. It’s rush. I love being mean to them and then giving them just enough to make them happy again. Who else can do that without going to jail or spending a very long time in the nearest mental hospital. hehe
God, I love being a writer!